- Sun and Moon Sets and Rise Times
- Tide Chart
- Weather Forecast - Oregon Live
- Weather Forecast - National Weather Service
- Alder Creek - Portland, OR, and surrounding area 503.285.0464
- Next Adventure - Portland, OR 503.233.0706
Local Kayaking Interest
- Alder Creek Kayak:
Link to Event calendar: http://www.aldercreek.com/calendar/
- Ridgefield Kayak Rentals, LLC.:
Kayaking shop at McCuddy's Marina in Ridgefield, WA. Single and tandem kayaks can be rented and launched from boathouse near the public boat launch and along the banks of Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge www.ridgefieldkayak.com.
- Willamette Riverkeepers:
Non-profit organization, whose sole mission is to protect and restore the Willamette River. The WR believe that a river with good water quality and abundant natural habitat is a basic public right. The Willamette River belongs to all of us, and should be protected as such.
- ALASKA: Sitka Sound Ocean Adventures
Join us for a guided sea kayak adventure to explore "the coast less paddled". Sitka Sound, and the labyrinth of of passages extended north and south, comprises one of the most spectacular marine wilderness environments in the world. We offer a range of guided trips and outfitting services to match almost any schedule, budget, ability or preference. Our specialty is designing custom trips for small groups. All OutKayaking members will receive a 10% discount on expeditions, guided tours & rentals.www.KayakSitka.com
- eNRG Kayaking/Northwest River Guides:
A locally owned and operated Portland, Oregon kayak school and adventure travel company, eNRG kayaking operates under the three tenets of Education, Exploration, and Stewardship. eNRG kayaking provides beginner through advanced instruction. Great for WHITE WATER interest. Offering all the members of Out Kayaking a 10% discount on any lessons, trips and rentals. www.enrgkayaking.com
- Ocean Kayaking Safety:
A great web site by Bob Maher that shows you “audio/videos” of how to do Ocean Kayaking Rescues safely and efficiently, in the event you capsize. Also a separate section that gives you instructions on how to perform these rescues step by step.
source for information on canoeing and kayaking. From Buyers' Guides for canoes, kayaks and accessories to articles, classifieds, photos, outfitters, dealers and so much more!
- Sea Kayaker Magazine:
Great all encompassing webpage for kayaking enthusiasts. Store as well as resource database.
- Wilderness Scotland-Kayaking:
An award-winning adventure travel company based in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland and one of our main activities which we offer is sea kayaking.
Additional Outdoor Clubs
- Adventure Group: - PORTLAND, OR, The Adventure Group is an outdoors club for the Gay and Lesbian community of Portland and the region. Established in 1986, the club, through its
- Gay Outdoors: - Gay Outdoors (GO) began in 1999 from a family of gays, lesbians and associated friends who shared a common love for being outdoors and the experiences they received in return. Our purpose is to promote fellowship and communication among gay and lesbian outdoor enthusiasts from around the world. We are a central place to meet and share trips, ideas, experiences, stories, photos and knowledge about gay outdoor recreation. GO is regarded as the most comprehensive gay outdoors destination online. Our organization offers visitors thousands of personals, interactive features, photo journals, an Events Calendar with lots of activities, breaking news, and hundreds of award-winning stories.
- NorthWest EcoExcursions: Lesbian-owned business and does kayak trips daily departing at 8am. We also offer horseback riding on the beach as well starting after Memorial weekend, as well as week-long trips. For information please contact email@example.com or call 541-765-2598
- Out & About: VANCOUVER, BC Canada, group of gay guys in the Greater Vancouver area who enjoy the outdoors. Activities include everything from urban walks to global adventures. Most events are local. Also have a number of social gatherings throughout the year
- Out Ventures: - SEATTLE, WA, outdoor organization for the GLUT community. We are a member-lead organization focusing on the outdoors, we engage in all types of outdoor activities ranging in difficulty from easy to extreme. We welcome anyone that wishes to join and hope you will lead an adventure or two. We also have monthly potlucks during the summer as well as classes and occasional social events.
- LGBT Scuba Clubs
- Triangle Recreation Camp: WASHINGTON, TRC is the oldest member-owned gay campground. Located near Seattle in the north Cascades, this scenic campground offers a great retreat for all gay men and women
- Umpqua's Last Resort: - IDLEYLD PARK, OR, Umpqua's Last Resort is located along the North Umpqua River in the Umpqua National Forest. CampOUT events are on the third weekend of the month throughout the summer. We offer full hook up RV sites, Tent sites, camping cabins and heated shower/bathhouse. 541-498-2500 www.golastresort.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gay Crawler: Directory of gay and lesbian travel sites worldwide. Hundreds of gay resort, gay accommodation, gay bed and breakfast, gay and lesbian travel guide, gay camping.
- National Organization for Rivers: A non-profit organization who isworking at restoring the public's rights to navigate, fish, and walk alongthe beds and banks of rivers nationwide. They publish books and printhandouts educating the public about the federal easement on navigable riversand their rights as river users under federal law.
To be added or for suggestions: